*** SPECIAL FEATURE - October'12 ***
“Riveting and much recommended…” - Midwest Book Review
What happens when a #1 news team becomes the top story instead of reporting it?
For TV producer Melissa Moore, crisis management comes with the job. From employee disputes to her high-maintenance boss, there’s not much she hasn’t seen or can’t handle.
But no one—including Melissa—expects a fistfight during the ten o’clock news. When sexy-but-crazy Alyssa Andrews lands a punch on her co-anchor’s face, Melissa jumps on set to help. She’s determined that WSGA’s reputation won’t be destroyed on her watch.
Both anchors are fired and Melissa agrees to fill in—but not before polishing her look from haircut to heels. While the new Melissa wows WSGA viewers, her personal life starts fraying at the edges. Melissa’s husband is away more than he’s home, leaving cryptic Post-it notes in his wake. Her mother’s antics spiral out of control at the nursing home and a stalker decides Melissa is her next target.
What happens next? Stay Tuned to find out…
Raves & Reviews
“A great read!” - Rebecca Berto, Novel Girl
“Realistic and refreshing!”- Michelle, Book Briefs
“Clark's first attempt at story-telling - fiction story-telling - is a prize for any reader to have on his or her shelf." - Becca and Buddy
“Stay Tuned is a great read with vivid characters and an entertaining plot.” - Jennie Coughlin
“Kudos to Ms. Clark on a wonderful debut...I look forward to reading more of her books.” - Kathleen Anderson
"Stay Tuned is as faced-paced as a real-life newsroom.” - Devon Walsh, WKRG-TV Anchor
"Stay Tuned is a great read! Lauren Clark writes so well you can feel what the characters feel.” - Lauren Davis, WVLT-TV Anchor
"Stay Tuned is fast-paced, fun, and a downright treat.” - Kira McFadden
Chatting with Lauren Clark
Without giving too much away, what's your favorite part from Stay Tuned and why?
My favorite part of Stay Tuned is the anchor fistfight scene, which came from a real-life experience! Before I began work at WWNY-TV (photo below -- I'm in the light blue), the two main anchors there were involved in a very volatile, emotionally-charged romantic relationship. One of their infamous arguments came to blows in the back parking lot of the television station. Both of them were fired and continued a very public battle in the newspaper through editorials (threats of lawsuits, arrests, etc). I always remembered that crazy incident and thought it would make an excellent starting point or turning point in a novel--something that would cause everything in the main character's life to change.
What essentials do you need for writing?
Coffee, my laptop, an outline to write from, and quiet. I actually hide out in the local library to get my writing done!
What's your big distraction or vice while writing?
My favorite coffee shop (Carpe Diem), my coffee shop friends, the Internet, and anything to do with Facebook, Twitter, my website, etc. I am such a social person that I could spend all day talking and never get anything done!
Who is your celebrity crush?
Adam Levine of Maroon 5 (I shamelessly watch every episode of "The Voice"). Unfortunately, he's decided to date some Victoria's Secret model. (Sigh)
3 Things we readers may not know about you.
(1) I make an excellent homemade Mac & Cheese (it's my grandmother's recipe) and my kids ask for it regularly! I also take it to my neighbors who aren't feeling well or need some cheering up. Guaranteed smiles!!!
(2) I can build Lego sets -- up to about 900 pieces. With two boys, it's a necessity!
(3) I am in love with the color Pink. I have a pink Kindle cover, a pink phone cover. I can't help it :)
Top 3 things on your bucket list.
(1) I'm dying to visit Santorini, Greece. I am in love with the blue water, love Greek food, and would love to spend a month there.
(2) I'd love to travel to London and have tea (or coffee) with Sophie Kinsella. She's my favorite author and I'd love to talk with her about story ideas and how she comes up with her characters.
(3) Write a bestselling novel!!!!!
Top 3 most listened to songs on your iPod.
"Moves Like Jagger" Maroon 5 (Did I mention that I adore Adam Levine?)
"Just a Kiss" Lady Antebellum
"Don't You Want to Stay" Kelly Clarkson & Jason Aldean
(NOTE: Jason Aldean is from Macon, Georgia, the setting for Stay Tuned)
Your guilty pleasure. (tv show, food, etc.)
I hate to admit that I watched EVERY episode of "The Bachelor" last season. I had to see if Ben chose Courtney. (Sigh. He. Did.)
I also love my Keurig coffee maker and Sponge Candy (it's made in Western New York ... sort of like Whoppers, but Sponge Candy is cut into squares and covered with thick chocolate YUM!)
I also have to confess that I've read "Fifty Shades of Gray" and stayed up until 1 am to finish it. Read Book 2, as well. My husband calls it "Brain Candy."
Now for the most amazing news! The Giveaway! Ms.Lauren Clark is giving away a $50 Amazon gift card. Yeah I know its amazing & I wish I could enter it myself. The number of books I could get for it!
So,what are you waiting for??? Go Enter NOW!!
1. There's only two compulsory entry to qualify for this Giveaway.
2. Please provide proper info & links in the Rafflecopter. I will be checking the entries - so no cheating please.
3. The Giveaway is open Internationally.
4. I will select the winner through Random.org on 31st October and will send an e-mail. They have to reply with their mailing address/e-mail id within 48 hours, or I will select another winner.
5. Please do not leave your e-mail id in the comment section.