Do you remember the feeling when you read the first book by your favourite author? Yes well, its for that feeling that I have come up with this challenge. Also, there was a time when I would only stick to the books written by authors I had previously read and enjoyed. But soon I realised that I was missing out on a lot other books. So, readers & bloggers, come together to this challenge that will make you pick up books by authors that you haven't read before! You never know, you just might find another author to love and follow.
Points to Know:
2. You do not have to be a blogger to participate.
3. Books read may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
4. The books can overlap with other reading challenges.
5. Post your links to your reviews each month to share with other participants.
6. The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 1, 2013. Its never too late to Join In!
How To Sign-Up and Join In:
1. Choose a challenge level listed below.
2. Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of Authors/Books is optional).
3. Grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to b00k r3vi3ws.
4. Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Linky List and enter your link.
5. Don't have a Blog? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
6. Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the Review List.
7. Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up List.
Amateur : Choose to read 1 - 10 New Authors
Lover : Choose to read 11 - 20 New Authors
Expert : Choose to read 20 - 25 New Authors
Fanatic : Choose to read 25 or above New Authors
When talking about this challenge on Twitter, please use the hastag (#FirstReads). It makes it much easier to keep track of the conversations, answer questions and/or tweet back!
You can find the Linky to Post your reviews Here . Alternately you can click on the 'First Review' badge on the right hand bar.
I will promote your reviews through facebook and twitter once you submit them in the Review List.
I commit to Expert level - and choose to read 20 - 25 New Authors in 2013!
So what are you guys waiting for? Sign up now & Happy Reading!