*** Special Feature - August 2016 ***
About the Book:
Noya is a young woman who is full of life and is not scared to take her own decisions. She believes in leading a happy life and strongly believes that a happy life comes with bold decisions. Following her ideals, she takes the biggest decision of her life yet - calling off her wedding on the wedding day itself!
This decision turns her life upside down as the people close to her are busy refuting her at every step. Fed up of this negativity, she decides to reboot herself and travel alone. And this marked the beginning of a journey that will once again change the course of her life. On this journey, she meets Ranbir; a meeting which is not intentional but destined. In the beginning, Ranbir comes off as a stalker. However, with time she starts to realize the goodness inside him and slowly but surely, gets attached to him. Standing at the crossroads again, she takes another bold decision to marry Ranbir. Will this finally bring happiness in her life? Noya doesn’t know much about the past of Ranbir as they've just recently met. Will this come back to haunt her later on? Is this another trap? A gripping tale of love, respect and hope, the novel answers all these questions.
I’m a human being and being human is very important for me before becoming something else materialistically and professionally. I sternly believe well-being is very critical for sustenance of us as a person, in relationships, profession, health and in whatever is valuable to us.
I want to share a post which I wrote for the advent of the new year before sharing other posts which will be on my book and my writing journey.
The time is leaving us with memories, experiences, learning; and leading way to new moments. As I set to welcome the upcoming, I ponder – what have I gained, what have I lost, what will be the following times be like. I feel I should also add to the brainstorming list – what have I learnt, how have I helped others, how have I influenced others, how have I become better. Using the day for an introspection, I jot down some points which came to my mind. Things which I will focus on, in the coming times. I will love to hear some more from you if you would like to share.
1. Engage more with family, friends & network – I realize that there are many instances where I could have engaged more with my family, friends and people in the network. ‘I was busy’ is an easy excuse which can be given to oneself and others. But was I really that busy that I couldn’t spend time with my grandmother, accompany my mother to the place, return a call of a friend or go to a dinner party. Life is moving fast. I will spend more time with my buddies.
2. Help the needy – I always feel that God has given me more than necessary and I feel glad whenever I could be of any help to someone – in any form – an appreciation, advice, help, solution, or goods. ‘There is abundance in the world if we share.’ I too am a needy.
3. Get into the shoes of – Everyone is fighting a battle which no other knows about. So, I will “Live and let live”. In today’s world, the most sought after necessity is ‘peace’.
4. Give love to the animals – I will support the beings as it is becoming tougher for them to survive in the world, with us trespassing and encroaching their homelands, yet we are ‘Deaf, Dumb & Blind’ towards them. Do something or adopt a pet whenever you can. If God has made them, they too deserve freedom, peace, happiness as much as we do.
5. Get the facts right before jumping into gossips – Social media and people network comes with easy accessibility as well as a convenient layer, which definitely helps in raising my voice and expressing opinions in an easy manner. But I won’t be just another voice to the web of gossipers practicing that, which could be demeaning and detrimental to another person.
6. Learn something new – I will improve my awareness and knowledge on something new. It will definitely only act as a positive.
7. Spend time in hobbies & recreational activities – Off late, I have started focusing on my much-staggered hobby – Creative Writing. Pursuing a hobby indeed relaxes the mind and makes it more productive. Sing, dance, play, paint, sketch, read, write… anything which you have passion for.
8. Walk, run, exercise, meditate, beautify, travel, dine – I will focus on my health as this actually traverses with you wherever you go: a healthy body and mind. I will also beautify myself by indulging in grooming and eating right. Travel is rejuvenating and I will explore new places.
9. Love, respect, understand, spread smiles & happiness – I will put effort to bring a smile and happiness to people close to me and I come across.
10. Be humble & open – The higher I fly and fall, it is harder. The parachute which acts as a support is humility. Shed ego, be humble and open.
11. Forgive and let go – Holding on to anger is a quicksand of deterioration. Forgive and let go.
12. Laugh hard – Laughter is the best medicine and is contagious in spreading merriment.
13. Give my best & do work hard – The result is not in my hands but the effort is. I will give my best to whatever I’m doing. I will also work hard to achieve professional excellence in whatever domain I’m working in.
About the Author:
Neha Nayak is currently working as a Senior Quality Assurance Manager in a Tata group company.
Breaking Free is her first novel which got published with Srishti Publishers, a leading publishing house based in New Delhi. The book is among the best sellers.
‘No-one is perfect and such realistic protagonists can be found in her stories
"Only by dreaming and putting in efforts could we achieve what we have done so far in the world and will continue to do so."
Website I Facebook I Twitter I Instagram
5 Paperback Copies of Breaking Free to Indian Residents Only