*** SPECIAL FEATURE - August'12 ***
It’s a very well written representative of the YA fiction genre – witty, fresh, entertaining and exciting. It keeps you on the edge of your seat all along and makes you want to find out what happens at the end. ~~ Vicky (Book, Biscuits & Tea) on Goodreads
Alex Kosmitoras's life has never been easy. The only other student who will talk to him is the school bully, his parents are dead broke and insanely overprotective, and to complicate matters even more, he's blind. Just when he thinks he'll never have a shot at a normal life, an enticing new girl comes to their small Midwest town all the way from India. Simmi is smart, nice, and actually wants to be friends with Alex. Plus she smells like an Almond Joy bar. Sophomore year might not be so bad after all.
Unfortunately, Alex is in store for another new arrival—an unexpected and often embarrassing ability to "see" the future. Try as he may, Alex is unable to ignore his visions, especially when they suggest Simmi is in mortal danger. With the help of the mysterious psychic next door and friends who come bearing gifts of their own, Alex embarks on his journey to change the future.
Read my 5 Star Review of Farsighted #1:: Here
Awards for Farsighted
Raves about Farsighted
"Chand's characters are compelling and diverse... Shapri is a standout." - Kirkus Reviews
"A showdown...brings the novel to a surreal and...suspenseful close." - Publisher's Weekly
"A suspenseful and spellbinding mystery that grips you from the very start." - IndieReader
"Alex Kosmitoras might not have a magic wand or vampiric strength and speed, but he is a totally swoon-worthy hero that any mom would be proud to let her daughter date." - Melissa Luznicky Garrett, author of Turning Point
"You don't have to be psychic to know that Farsighted is going to take the world by storm. Vampires are so last year." - Kimberly Kinrade, author of Forbidden Mind
"I read the book in one sitting... the ONLY other time I have done this is when I read the Harry Potter series." - Marie Bothwick, blogger at Write Panic Live.
Facts about Farsighted
1. Shapri was supposed to be a minor character but kind of ended up stealing the show.
2. I completely rewrote the character of Miss Teak and changed up her back story in the second draft.
3. At one time, I contemplated giving Alex a parrot to help him figure out his visions--just because I like
birds so much and am always desperate to include them. I'm glad I left it out though, because that
would've been stupid!
4. A lot of people think it was hard to write the first person narration of a blind character, it was. But the
harder thing was structuring each chapter around one of the Nordic runes. That took a ton of research and
5. My former literary agent was interested in Farsighted, but I said, "Hands off. I'm self-publishing!"
Read the Full First Chapter for Free :: Click Here
Check out the Farsighted FAQs :: Click Here
Take the Official Character Quiz :: Click Here
Contact the Author
Buy Her Books:
Now for the most amazing news! The Giveaway! Ms.Emlyn has very kindly agreed to Giveaway - One Winner will win Signed copies of Farsighted & Open Heart! Yay!! This is so exciting, I wish I could enter this myself... What are you waiting for??? Go Enter NOW!!
1. There's only two compulsory entry to qualify for this Giveaway.
2. If the compulsory entries are not completed properly, additional entries of that person will not count.
3. The Giveaway is open Internationally.
4. I will be selecting the winner through Random.org every Saturday and will be sending an e-mail. They have to reply with their mailing address/e-mail id within 48 hours, or I will select another winner.
5. Please do not leave your e-mail id in the comment section.